Sunday 18 September 2011

About Me: Ruba Khan



Hello,
My name is Ruba Khan and I currently attend West Hatch Sixth Form. I started off studying Media at GCSE level where our task was to construct a print publication for a chosen product. As a team we chose to advertise a chocolate bar which we had to design together. We each got a different responsibility which we then discussed. My main role was to edit and design original images using Fire Fox and Photoshop. I enjoyed it immensely thus, decided to carry it onto AS. In AS we worked towards producing an opening sequence for a film. We divided the responsibilities equally; therefore we all had to do one of the roles at least once. This included editing using Final Cut Express, being the director, being the cameraman and being the actor. I have now carried it onto A2 whilst receiving qualifications in GCSE and AS meaning that I have been able to improve my media skills vastly and I will now be able to use them to the best of my ability for A2 whilst producing a music video with my group.
Last year I joined up to a Media Club outside of school in my own time, in which we also had to create a music video amongst unfamiliar people. This has enabled me to use those skills in this coursework by communicating with my group correctly and using all the technological skills I adapted. This includes Adobe Fireworks in which I gained many skills such as using 9 Slice Scaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment